COMPREHENSIVE TESOL COURSE
Comprehensive TESOL Course Guide
The course is designed to allow for maximum flexibility. For self-paced learning, you can work at a pace that suits you, as long as you complete the course within two months of receiving your login details. For in-class learning, you will arrange your schedule to attend 20+ hours in class taught by our trainers (1.5-2 weeks).
In order to get the maximum benefit from the course, we recommend working on one unit per day. This will give you enough time to understand and digest the lesson fully or prepare questions to ask your trainers before moving to the next one. However, if you wish to work through the course more quickly, or slowly, the choice
To move comfortably through this course, simply follow these straight forward steps:
1. Work through the materials for each unit until you feel you have fully absorbed all the information provided.
2. You can also watch videos relating to that unit.
3. Once you are ready you can then check your understanding of the subjects covered by completing the end-of-unit task sheet that accompanies the unit.
4. After completing the task sheet, if you are confident, you can take a one-time multiple-choice test for the unit, know the result, and then continue with the next unit. If you are not confident enough, you can take notes and prepare the questions to ask your trainers and do the test later.
5. When you have finished all the 15 unit tests, you can move on to the final stage: writing a short essay (500-1000 words) with one of the given topics or designing a formal lesson plan with its videoed teaching practice.
Comprehensive TESOL Course Overview
|INTRODUCTION (in-class learning)|
|Unit 1:Principles, Teachers and Learners (self-paced learning)|
|Unit 2: Methodologies, Equipment and Teaching Aids (self-paced learning)|
|Unit 3: Warmers (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 4: Context and Contextualization (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 5: Teaching Speaking (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 6: Teaching Vocabulary (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 7: Teaching Grammar (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 8: Teaching Listening (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 9: Teaching Reading (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 10: Teaching Writing (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 11: Communicative Activities (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 12: Basic Grammar: Parts of Speech, Sentences and Tenses (self-paced learning)|
|Unit 13: Basic Phonology: Intonation, Stress, Phonemics and Articulation (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 14: Classroom Management (self-paced learning + in-class learning)|
|Unit 15: Lesson Planning (self-paced learning + in-class learning)
Extra units (optional)
A Short Essay (500-1000 words)
A Formal Lesson Plan with its videoed teaching practice (15-20 minutes)
was $832Save 40%
- Suitable for students in Ho Chi Minh
- Available during the day for 1-2 weeks
- Has teaching experience
- Our qualifications are recognized in more than 80 countries all over the world
- International standard trainers with many years of experience
- Constantly updated curriculum, which emphasizes core skills
- Intensive support throughout the learning process
All TESOL courses at TEFL International Organization are validated by Lamar University (USA) and the Paris College of International Education (France).
Lamar University, established in 1923, is a public university in Beaumont, Texas and is part of the Texas State University system. Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Paris College of International Education is established as a private higher institution to promote programs internationally.
The college recognizes the TEFL International certificate course as a one-credit of the Master online program. An official transcript is available to each student after (s)he finishes the TESOL Course.
Our in-class TEFL certification courses are externally validated and moderated by a Board of Academic Advisors. This board includes several internationally recognized experts in the field of EFL teaching, as well as dozens of regional experts in language teaching and teacher training. Both international and regional members regularly advise the staff at our teacher training centres worldwide.
TOGETHER WE REACH NEW HEIGHTS
+1000 students have successfully achieved their personal goals after training with TEFL in Vietnam. We provide not only knowledge, but also an amazing learning experience, which makes us unique among the others.