COMBINED TESOL COURSE
COMBINED TESOL COURSE GUIDE
The course is designed to allow for maximum flexibility. You can work at a pace that suits you, as long as you complete the course within two months of receiving your login details.
1. Work through the materials for each unit until you feel you have fully absorbed all the information provided.
2. You can also watch some special videos of that unit VIDEO- (if any) to catch the main ideas of the lesson. (Remember each video does not present the whole lesson. It only provides you with some examples or focuses on the important parts of the lesson)
3. Once you are ready you can then check your understanding of the subjects covered by completing the end-of-unit task sheet that accompanies the unit.
After completing the task sheet you will do the multiple choice assessment for the unit, know the result and then move on to the next unit.
COMBINED TESOL COURSE OVERVIEW
|Unit 1: Principles, Teachers and Learners|
|Unit 2: Methodologies, Equipment and Teaching Aids|
|Unit 3: Warmers|
|Unit 4: Context and Contextualization|
|Unit 5: Teaching Speaking|
|Unit 6: Teaching Vocabulary|
|Unit 7: Teaching Grammar|
|Unit 8: Teaching Listening|
|Unit 9: Teaching Reading|
|Unit 10: Teaching Writing|
|Unit 11: Communicative Activities|
|Unit 12: Basic Grammar: Parts of Speech, Sentences and Tenses|
|Unit 13: Basic Phonology: Intonation, Stress, Phonemics and Articulation|
|Unit 14: Classroom Management|
|Unit 15: Lesson Planning: A Short Essay (500-1000 words)|
In addition, this course also includes a Teaching Practice (TEACHING PRACTICE) section
The teaching practice has the following components:
- 3 hours of observing experienced trainers to teach demo lessons
- 5-10 hours of peer observation
- 5 hours of observed teaching practice + 1 hour of videoed teaching practice
In order to get the maximum benefit from the course, we recommend working on one unit per day. This will allow you to complete the course in more than two weeks and will also give you enough time to understand and digest the lesson fully before moving to the next one. However, if you wish to work through the course more quickly, or slowly, the choice is yours.
For the teaching practice, you need to finish it in the next month as of the day when you end the online theory.
Once you are ready you can then check your understanding of the subjects covered by completing the end-of-unit task sheet that accompanies the unit. After completing the task sheet you will do the multiple choice assessment for the unit, know the result and then move on to the next unit
Trainees’ assignment work on the course will be evaluated according to a specific set of assessment criteria, as listed below.
In order to pass the online component, the average score on the 15 unit exams must be 75% or over and the score on each unit is not below 60%. In addition, you need to pass a final writing task: a short essay of between 500 and 1,000 words
In order to pass the teaching practice, trainees need to pass all the lessons observed by trainers (5 hours of observed teaching practice) and finish all the written assignments in “Combined TESOL Portfolio” including:
- 2 trainer observation forms for demo lessons
- 4-6 formal lesson plans (4 lesson plans of 90 minutes or 6 lesson plans of 60 minutes)
- 4-6 reflective journal forms
- 3-5 feedback forms (from the observers) + 1 self-feedback video report form
- 5 classroom observation forms
- 2 sets of materials compilation projects (attaching materials for each set)
Was $1.200Save 42%
- Suitable for remote learners, who do not have much teaching experience.
- Our qualifications are recognized in more than 80 countries all over the world
- International standard trainers with many years of experience
- Constantly updated curriculum, which emphasizes core skills
- Intensive support throughout the learning process
All TESOL courses at TEFL International Organization are validated by Lamar University (USA) and the Paris College of International Education (France).
Lamar University, established in 1923, is a public university in Beaumont, Texas and is part of the Texas State University system. Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Paris College of International Education is established as a private higher institution to promote programs internationally.
The college recognizes the TEFL International certificate course as a one-credit of the Master online program. An official transcript is available to each student after (s)he finishes the TESOL Course.
Our in-class TEFL certification courses are externally validated and moderated by a Board of Academic Advisors. This board includes several internationally recognized experts in the field of EFL teaching, as well as dozens of regional experts in language teaching and teacher training. Both international and regional members regularly advise the staff at our teacher training centres worldwide.
TOGETHER WE REACH NEW HEIGHTS
+1000 students have successfully achieved their personal goals after training with TEFL in Vietnam. We provide not only knowledge, but also an amazing learning experience, which makes us unique among the others.